Certificates of Recognition
Certificate of Recognition or COR is a voluntary safety program which approves status to those companies who have a health and safety program that meets approved industry standards. These standards are established by Occupational Health and Safety (OHS).
Vertex maintains Certificates of Recognition in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba and has achieved this recognition by having and health and safety management system that meets provincial standards and has been evaluated by a certified auditor.
2013 – Vertex was named Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture
2015 – Vertex was named a Gold Standard Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Gold standard winners have maintained their Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for four consecutive years. The award is sponsored by Deloitte, CIBC, National Post, Queen’s School of Business and MacKay CEO Forums.
Vertex was also a finalist in 2015 for Alberta Venture’s, Alberta’s Best Workplaces 2014 for Aboriginal Employees.
2016 – Vertex was a finalist in Alberta Venture’s, Alberta’s Best Workplaces for Diversity and requalified as a Gold Standard Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
2017 – Vertex was approved and is now recognized as a Gold Shovel Standard Certified contractor. This program recognizes those companies with a Safety Management System set up to ensure safe excavation practices for the protection of buried assets and those working around them.
Vertex and the Corporate Health and Safety team was awarded the David Ellis Award for demonstrating a continuous commitment to increasing workforce participation in safety activities to provide a safe work environment. This accolade recognizes Vertex as one of the top safety leaders in North America.
Vertex holds accounts with ISNetworld, ISNetworld RAV’s Plus, Complyworks, CanQual and Avetta (Formerly, PICS Auditing) which allows our clients transparency into our Health and Safety Management System. All of these mechanisms are used and monitored to strive for continuous improvement to ensure that we are moving forward in health and safety.
- Canadian Heavy Oil Association
- Gas Processing Association of Canada
- Lloydminster Construction Association
- Resource Industry Suppliers Association
- Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
- Northeastern Alberta Aboriginal Business Association
- Construction Owners Association of Alberta
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Landmen (CAPL)
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Land Administration (CAPLA)
- Canadian Land Reclamation Association (CLRA)
- International Right of Way Association (IRWA)
- Alberta Association of Surface Land Agents (AASLA)
- Alberta Institute of Agrologists (AIA)
- Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists
- British Columbia Institute of Agrologists
- Industrial Vegetation Management Association of Alberta
- Integrated Vegetation Management Association of British Columbia
- Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
- Professional Engineers & Geo-Scientists of British Columbia
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of Manitoba (APEGM)
- Alberta Safety Construction Association
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP)
- Alberta Motor Transport Association
- Emergency Management Canada Canadian Society of Safety Engineering
- Fall Protection Group Inc.
- Saskatchewan Safety Construction Association
- Saskatchewan Common Ground Alliance
- Energy Safety Canada