Vertex is currently accepting applications for one full-time, permanent third year apprentice or journeyman Mechanic in Grande Prairie, Alberta. Mechanic will be responsible for maintaining all repairs and maintenance of equipment; working on trucks / trailers, and other hauling equipment. The successful candidate must have a Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic Trade Certification, a minimum of 2 years’ experience, and a class 1 drivers’ license. The successful candidate will be required to provide their own tools; tools must be in good working condition. This position requires individuals to be trained in First-aid/CPR and H2S Alive.
- Completion of Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic Trade Certification
- Valid class 1 Canadian driver’s license and clean drivers’ abstract (must provide an abstract and photocopy of license)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Heavy-Duty Mechanic
- Demonstrate a commitment to environmental compliance and safe work practices
- Ability to perform duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to work independently while managing time and productivity
- Must be in good health and physical condition to perform duties assigned
- Successful candidates will demonstrate integrity and reliability
- Must hold current and up to date First-aid and H2S alive safety training certificate
- Troubleshooting damaged industrial vehicles by inspecting hoses, fuel lines, fuel injector failure, coolant related issues, wiring and light problems, air leaks, clutch and transmission repairs, wheels, brake and steering components etc.
- Completing repairs or refurbishing damaged components of a vehicle such as transmissions and clutch replacements, alternators, steering components, air leaks / fittings, and brake shoes etc.
- Operating hand power tools such as impact wrenches, torque wrenches, and drills. Lifting and carrying hydraulic pumps, vehicle seats, hosing, brake pots, and links of chain.
- Completing two-person lifts when handling brake shoes or vehicle seats
- Completing “live” troubleshooting on damaged vehicles by operating them in order to identify the root cause of a malfunction.
- This position will be based out of Grande Prairie, AB
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*