Vertex is currently accepting applications for one full-time, permanent Accounts Payable Clerk in Calgary, Alberta. The successful candidate must have relevant accounting and administration experience or education with a demonstrated eye for detail. The Accounts Payable Clerk is directly responsible for providing administrative and accounting support including, accounts payable processing, Cortex/OpenInvoice entry, ensuring accurate invoicing, data processing, processing expenses, reconciliations and other duties as required.
- Diploma or higher education related to accounting, business or related field is an asset
- Good understanding in:
- accounts payable
- month end closing processes
- set up and maintain vendor files
- general knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong attention to detail required
- Working knowledge of MS Office – proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong time management, organizational and team skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills, ability to prioritize work, and effective meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in enterprise resource planning (“ERP”) systems
- Experience on ADP, Cortex and ALTO would be considered an asset
- Processing of full cycle accounts payable; posting accounts payables and deposits
- Reconciling of Credit Cards
- Processing monthly expense claims
- Data entry into multiple accounting databases
- Ensuring data is available and appropriately maintained
- Following up with clients on outstanding invoices and responding to invoice inquiries
- Providing support for operational and financial projects
- Assist with filing functions as required
- Other duties related to the day to day operations of the department
- This position will be based out of our Downtown Calgary office.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill-set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*