Vertex is currently accepting applications for Driller Assistants (Labourers) for upcoming projects throughout Nekaneet First Nation and Southern Saskatchewan. This position works under the guidance of the Project Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 – 2 years related experience
- Labour background considered an asset
- Be physically fit as this position would require successful completion of a Fitness for Duty test
- Knowledge in various drilling environments and techniques preferred
- Basic mechanical skills
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible to work long hours in the field, in remote and/or varied weather conditions
- Preferred Safety Tickets: First Aid, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance
- Assist and work closely within a team environment under direction of the drilling field supervisor
- Support drilling operations with setting up and operate drilling rigs and related equipment to drill holes
- Assist with installing and developing wells and pump tests
- Clean, lubricate, maintain equipment
- Follow strict guidelines and procedures at all times
- Other related duties as directed by your manager
- This position will be based out of Nekaneet Nation and Southeast Saskatchewan.
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com or call Vertex at 306-584-3044
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*