Vertex is currently accepting applications for an Environmental Field Technician in Houston, Texas on a contract basis. The successful candidate must be experienced with field work, report writing, client communication and project coordination. The Environmental Field Technician will assist our environmental team in conducting environmental projects primarily within the oil and gas industry across North America.
- One to three years of experience in environmental consulting industry.
- Undergraduate degree specializing in Environmental Sciences, Geological Sciences, Biology or similar discipline
- Experience with spill assessment and remediation
- Experience with LDAR and emission survey work
- Regulatory Experience is considered an asset including SWPPP, SPCC, BLM, BIA, FERC inspections
- Professional designation an asset
- Experience working in field and office environments required
- Environmental experience within the Oil and Gas, Energy, and Infrastructure industries essential
- Experience within Texas and New Mexico, are considered an asset
- Provide technical field support on environmental projects within the oil and gas industry in the Permian and Delaware Basins in TX and NM. Project types include but are not limited to:
- Environmental Planning & Permitting
- Environmental Monitoring & Inspection
- Environmental Assessments (Phase I, II and Remediation)
- LDAR Emission Surveys, and General Site Inspections
- Regulatory submissions
- Responsible for both field and office execution of environmental projects with an emphasis on field work
- Responsible to build both internal and external relationships within Vertex, with regulators and clients to effectively develop and manage projects within the environmental business unit.
- This position may work out of varying locations including Carlsbad, NM or Midland, TX and will require travel.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*