Vertex is currently accepting applications for an Intermediate Environmental Field Technician in Watford City, North Dakota. The successful candidate will bring a minimum of five years’ practical experience with field work, report writing, client relationships, and project coordination. The Intermediate Environmental Field Technician will assist our environmental team in conducting environmental projects primarily within the oil and gas industry across North America.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, agricultural, rangelands, natural resources, or closely related field. Agricultural and/or range science a strong asset.
- Minimum five years of experience in environmental consulting industry
- Knowledge of upstream oil and gas, and infrastructure industries required
- 5+ years technical and/or field experience preparing environmental documentation
- Experience working in field and office environments an asset.
- Knowledge of applicable environmental and energy sector regulations, standards, and codes
- Strong environmental writing and communication skills
- Proficient MS Office experience (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willing and able to travel
- Provide technical field support on environmental projects within the oil and gas industry of the United States and Canada. Project types include but are not limited to:
- Spill Response
- Environmental Planning & Permitting
- Environmental Monitoring & Inspection
- Environmental Assessments (Phase I, II and Remediation)
- Water Well & Groundwater assessments
- Regulatory submissions
- Drilling Services (Drilling Waste & Well Abandonment)
- Air Services
- Responsible for client communication, on project deliverables and scope development
- Responsible to work with the business development team to deliver on client projects, develop areas for new business and recruit personnel
- Responsible for project coordination, cost control and project scoping to ensure effectively versatile solutions are developed to meet client’s regulatory needs and budgets
- Responsible for both field and office execution of environmental projects with an emphasis on field work
- Perform other duties as needed
- This position is based out of the Vertex office in Watford City, North Dakota and will require travel.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- Medical and dental insurance
- Company Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Retirement savings plans (401k)
- Excellent company culture
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skillset to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
Job Posting Open: June 24, 2020
Job Posting Closed: July 15, 2020
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*