Vertex is currently accepting applications for an Environmental Specialist in Carlsbad, New Mexico. The successful candidate must be experienced in field work report writing, client relationships and project coordination. The Environmental Field Technician will assist our environmental team lead in conducting environmental projects primarily within the oil and gas industry across North America.
- Five to seven years of experience in environmental consulting industry.
- Undergraduate degree specializing in Environmental Sciences, Geological Sciences, Biology or similar discipline
- Professional designation an asset.
- Experience working in field and office environments required
- Environmental experience within the Oil and Gas, Energy, and Infrastructure industries essential
- Experience with New Mexico Oil and Gas Conservation Division regulation and reporting essential
- Experience with Air Compliance (OGI, AVO, Method 9, Method 21, Method 22) essential
- Experience with Texas Railroad Commission spill projects an asset
- Experience with the Bureau of Land Management (Spill Reporting, Gold Book) an asset
- Experience with Reclamation and Restoration projects an asset.
- OGI certification an asset
- Provide support on environmental projects within the oil and gas and midstream industries including:
- Work Plan Development
- Spill Assessment, Remediation Plan Development and Closure Plan Reporting
- Environmental Assessments (Characterization and Remediation)
- Reclamation Planning and Execution
- Water Well & Groundwater assessments
- Regulatory submissions –Sundry Reports, C-141, etc.)
- Air Services – Compliance Reporting
- Responsible for communication with Project Manager on project deliverables and scope development
- Responsible for both field and office execution of environmental projects with an emphasis on reporting
- Responsible to build both internal and external relationships within Vertex, with regulators and clients to effectively execute assigned environmental projects.
- Working Knowledge of regulations
- Texas RRC
- University Lands
- State Lands
- Bureau of Land Management
- Field Execution of Environmental Projects
- Trimble GPS Utilization
- Soil Sampling Protocols – PID, PetroFlag, Quantabs
- Lab Analysis – Chain of Custody
- Water Sampling Protocols
- New Mexico and Texas
- This position is based out of the Vertex office in Carlsbad, NM and will require travel.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skillset to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*