Vertex is currently accepting applications for one full-time, permanent Mechanic in Kola, Manitoba.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within the transportation industry
- Must be able to provide their own tools; tools must be in good working condition
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Demonstrate a commitment to environmental compliance and safe work practices
- Ability to perform duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to work independently while managing time and productivity
- Must be in good health and physical condition to perform duties assigned
- Must hold current and up to date First-aid and H2S alive safety training certificate
- Troubleshooting damaged industrial vehicles by inspecting hoses, fuel lines, fuel injector failure, coolant related issues, wiring and light problems, air leaks, clutch and transmission repairs, wheels, brake and steering components etc.
- Completing repairs or refurbishing damaged components of a vehicle such as transmissions and clutch replacements, alternators, steering components, air leaks / fittings, and brake shoes etc.
- Operating hand power tools such as impact wrenches, torque wrenches, and drills. Lifting and carrying hydraulic pumps, vehicle seats, hosing, brake pots, and links of chain.
- Completing two-person lifts when handling brake shoes or vehicle seats
- Completing “live” troubleshooting on damaged vehicles by operating them in order to identify the root cause of a malfunction.
- This position will be based out of our Kola, MB office
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Accommodations provided
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*