Vertex is currently accepting applications for full-time permanent Hydro-Vac Operator(s) in Leduc, Alberta. The successful candidates must be experienced Hydro-vac Operators and have valid oilfield safety tickets.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience and valid safety tickets however, we are willing to hire for attitude and train for the position.
- Valid Class 1 or 3 driver’s license with a clean driver abstract required
- Minimum 1-year Hydro Vac Operator experience required
- Possess safety tickets including but not limited to First Aid/CPR, Construction Safety Training (CSTS), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) and H2S Alive
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to environmental compliance and safe work practices
- Ability to work independently while managing time and productivity
- Must be in good health and physical condition to perform duties assigned
- Integrity and reliability, willing to accept after hour calls when necessary
- Responsible for the successful completion of hydro excavation projects including utility line exposure, debris removal, slot trenching, and digging
- Set-up and inspect grounding and/or bonding procedures for hydrovac operation
- Ensure customer and client satisfaction by providing excellent customer service at all times
- Complete daily scheduled services in a timely manner
- Operate hydrovac trucks and equipment in a safe and professional manner
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork and documentation properly within set timelines; this includes daily logs, dispatch and trip reports, demurrage and time sheets
- Perform pre and post trip inspections, follow company policies and procedures for routine maintenance, perform general housekeeping to ensure units are operating properly and report any inefficiency to Supervisor
- Follow all local, provincial and federal compliance regulations and rules
- Safely observe all company operating guidelines and procedures
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines
- This position will be based out of Leduc, Edmonton and surrounding area.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive Wages
- Health and Dental Benefit Package
- Work/Life Balance
- Safe Work Environment
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill-set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*