Vertex offers a modern, company owned and maintained, fleet of haulers, vacuum, hydro-vac, pressure, water, steam trucks, chemical units and industrial cleaning equipment, capable of meeting all drilling, production, turnaround, plant and completion needs of our clients.
Vertex is currently accepting applications for full time, permanent Hydro-Vac Operators in Leduc, Alberta. The successful candidates must be experienced hydro-vac operators and have valid oilfield safety tickets.
- High school diploma or higher education
- Valid Class 3 driver’s license with a clean abstract
- 1-3 years of experience operating one or more of the following units: Hydro-Vac, Combo, Vacuum Truck or Pressure Truck
- Possess safety tickets including but not limited to First Aid/CPR, Construction Safety Training (CSTS), Ground Disturbance, Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), Confined Space and H2S Alive
- Demonstrate a commitment to environmental compliance and safe work practices
- Ability to work independently while managing time and productivity
- Must be in good health and physical condition to perform duties assigned
- Integrity and reliability, willing to accept after hour calls when necessary
- Responsible for the successful completion of hydro excavation projects including: utility line exposure, debris removal, slot trenching, and digging
- Set-up and inspect grounding and/or bonding procedures for hydro-vac operation
- Ensure customer and client satisfaction by providing excellent customer service at all times
- Complete daily scheduled services in a timely manner
- Operate hydro-vac trucks and equipment in a safe and professional manner
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork and documentation properly within set time lines; this includes daily logs, dispatch and trip reports, demurrage and time sheets
- Perform pre and post trip inspections, follow company policies and procedures for routine maintenance, perform general housekeeping to ensure units are operating properly and report any inefficiency to Supervisor
- Follow all local, provincial and federal compliance regulations and rules
- Safely observe all company operating guidelines and procedures
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines
- This position will be based out of Leduc, Edmonton and surrounding area.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*