Vertex is currently accepting applications for a casual (as needed basis) Leak Detection and Repair Technician (LDAR) in Sherwood Park, Alberta. The successful candidate is responsible for detecting, locating, evaluating and repairing leaks onsite at client work sites. In addition, this position may be required to perform other equipment inventory, monitoring and observation tasks associated with other environmental compliance requirements existing at the customer work sites.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in engineering, environmental, science or other related discipling required
- Previous LDAR experience or experience working in petrochemical facilities/outdoor industrial environments preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of instrumentation and pneumatic is a strong asset.
- Previous work experience in an industrial or plant environment an asset
- Able and willing to work in all different weather conditions and industrial environments
- Must be able to climb in worksite areas, multiple flights of stairs and tall ladder to monitor components
- Computer application knowledge is an asset (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good prioritizing, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Entrepreneurial work ethic
- Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) inspections using an optical gas imaging camera and high -flow sampler;
- Manage environmental database (LeakDAS);
- Perform minor repairs on industrial facility process equipment;
- Maintain identification of LDAR components and piping and instrument diagrams;
- Maintain record keeping on monitoring and repairs;
- Generate maintenance work orders and follow-up of repairs;
- Identifies circumstances that necessitate the use of proper safety equipment;
- Performs appropriate documentation and administrative procedures as required;
- Communicates and collaborates with field personnel, client representatives and management;
- Maintains awareness of products and services available to customers;
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concern;
- Performs all duties as assigned and adheres to Vertex’s Core Values;
- Assesses leaking component(s) and reports on findings to supervisory personnel and engineering.
- This position will be located out of Sherwood Park, Alberta
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.