Vertex is currently accepting applications for an Operations Manager based in Weyburn, SK. The Trucking and Fluids Operations Manager is responsible for the strategic direction and leadership of administrative, maintenance and operations, including staff and service administration. The incumbent must effectively and efficiently manage the development and direction of the operational team to drive the growth of revenue and technical productivity. He/she must ensure that all departments under his/her control are compliant with all applicable legislation, including but not limited to Occupational Health and Safety and Saskatchewan Safety Regulations. This individual must supply critical information to Executive Management concerning financial matters in addition to leading his/her team in the achievement of company objectives.
- Three (3) or more years previous management experience in the Trucking, Fluid Hauling and/or Oil & Gas Services industry with proven leadership abilities.
- Effective management skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes.
- Knowledge in the trucking industry more specifically in fluid management.
- Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles.
- Holds a clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, and procedures and other operational issues faced by the organization.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Maintains a high level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Maintains a well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Valid Driver’s License as travel will be required in Weyburn, SK and surrounding areas
- Responsible for the financial accountability of the operations and maintenance department budgets.
- Provide support and expert opinion to subordinates and to management as needed.
- Ensure that all compliance procedures are in place and all safety procedures are followed to avoid any accidents or incidents.
- Ensure that safety is made a priority and that employees and managers are abiding by all Occupational and Health and Safety regulations.
- Provide planning and forecasting to allow for the adequate approvals for the departments under their control.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of a business unit. Monitor operations for efficiency and safety ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are followed.
- Oversee hiring and training of personnel.
- Ensure that new employees are trained and oriented as appropriate for their new positions; performing follow-up sessions to ensure their proper fit within the company.
- Establish the overall direction for the implementation of the internal operations.
- Develop and implement new business strategies for creating overall value add for client base.
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary.
- Monitor financial performance to ensure the business unit is meeting or exceeding budgetary commitment.
- Develop and implement strategies around improving the financial performance of the department.
- Review and use the monthly Profit and Loss statements to ensure expense control and proactively plan service and sales goals.
- Examine reports (e.g. inventory, sales and daily reports) to determine the operational activities of the company and ensure optimum performance.
- Ensure that all reporting employees adhere to company policies and procedures
- Liaison between Vertex and customers to ensure client needs are met and/or exceeded.
- Perform other duties as required
- This position will be located out of our Weyburn, SK office. *applicants must reside in Weyburn or short commute for consideration*
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*