Vertex is currently accepting applications for one full-time, permanent Senior Accountant in Sherwood Park, Alberta. The successful candidate will provide financial expertise and support to the Controller; playing a key role in overseeing all reports, financial functions and process improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor of Commerce with Accounting or relevant post-secondary education with extensive work experience
- CPA designation or working towards a CPA designation
- 5-8 years in an accounting role, supervisory experience is considered an asset
- Experience with oil and gas service and transportation/trucking industries strongly desired
- Strong knowledge with financial, operational and cost reporting and analysis
- Experienced in budgeting, forecasting and business process’
- Strongly proficient with Accounting software, advanced knowledge using MS Word and Excel
- Experience in Maestro software is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to develop, nurture and maintain strong relationships with vendors, agencies and various internal stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Assist in the delivery of accurate and timely financial and operational reports
- Responsible for month end, journal entries, reconciliations and financial statement preparation
- Responsible for monthly Intercompany reconciliations
- Provide business analysis from data converted to information that allows key stakeholders to make strategic business decisions
- Assist with the year-end audit process
- Oversee of monthly project accounting costing details and reporting
- Assist in budgeting, forecasting and support of operational planning processes
- Assist in improvement initiatives around internal system processes and controls in order to streamline and reduce inefficiencies of financial processes
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of internal controls to ensure consistency of policies and procedures
- Facilitate the development of direct and indirect reports through the provision of continuous coaching and mentoring
- Other related responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time
- This position will be located out of our Sherwood Park, Alberta office.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skillset to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*