Vertex offers a modern, company owned and maintained, fleet of haulers, vacuum, hydro-vac, pressure, water, steam trucks, chemical units and industrial cleaning equipment, capable of meeting all drilling, production, turnaround, plant and completion needs of our clients.
Vertex is currently accepting applications for multiple experienced full-time Swamper(s) in Leduc, Alberta. The successful candidates must have previous Swamper experience working in a Hydro Vac, Combo Vac or similar and have valid safety tickets.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean 5 year abstract
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Hydro Vac/Combo Vac Swamper is required
- Possess safety tickets including but not limited to First Aid/CPR, Construction Safety Training (CSTS) Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) and H2S Alive
- Demonstrate a commitment to environmental compliance and safe work practices
- Ability to work independently while managing time and productivity
- Must be in good health and physical condition to perform duties assigned
- Integrity and reliability, willing to accept after hour calls when necessary
- Comply with Company policies and procedures, health and safety procedures, department of transportation and hazardous materials/waste requirements and regulations
- Assist operators during on projects/site
- Perform maintenance on units to ensure cleanliness and efficient operation
- Receptive to receiving task delegation and coaching from Operator and Supervisor
- Ensure customer and client satisfaction by providing excellent customer service at all times
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork and documentation properly within set timelines; this includes daily logs, dispatch and trip reports and time sheets
- Follow all local, provincial and federal compliance regulations and rules
- Perform pre and post trip inspections, follow company policies and procedures for routine maintenance, perform general housekeeping to ensure units are operating properly and report any inefficiency to Supervisor
- Safely observe all company operating guidelines and procedures
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines
- This position will be based out of Leduc, Edmonton and surrounding area.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Join an expanding multi-divisional company
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*