The client was seeking regulatory approval for an increase in project development area to allow future placement of overburden, reclamation material stockpiles, and associated facilities outside the currently approved operating area at a large oil sands mine in northern Alberta.
Prior to initiation, Vertex determined the scope and scale of the project was not typical and similar projects from other operators had not been completed to date. Vertex was able to set and execute a scope aligning to anticipated regulatory and stakeholder expectations.
Fieldwork and draft environmental discipline sections have been completed and provided to the client. Formal submission to the regulator not yet initiated
Other Case Studies
- Water Management During Construction
- Transaction Due Diligence for Commercial Development Company
- Commercial Development - Site Assessment and Remediation Project
- Biophysical Impact & Wetland Assessment Reports
- Phase I and II ESA Commercial Development Program
- Integrated Land and Environmental Services – Pipeline Integrity Program
Search By Term: