Vertex’s engineering team has experience managing and executing hydrotechnical and hydrological engineering projects for a variety of clients. Vertex’s team has designed and managed the implemented water drainage plans, drainage modelling for pre/post-development drainage, conceptual planning of stormwater facilities for urban development projects, hydraulic modelling for natural channel systems, and modelling for river flow mechanics including sedimentary erosion.
Vertex’s Hydrotechnical Services:
- Assess the general hydrology associated with the development within the watershed.
- Establish a general setting of the location with a description of climate information, and existing hydrometric station information if available, and groundwater wells within the assessment area.
- Estimate the seasonal and mean runoff and the instantaneous discharges for the peatland area
- Estimate the amount of water to be produced as a result of the proposed drainage
- Assessment of the hydrological effects of the proposed development on adjacent water bodies or on area downstream