Vertex provides Leak Detection and Field Measurements services to upstream oil and gas operators to support methane emissions monitoring and measurement needs. Our emissions management specialists are multidisciplinary and cross-trained in emissions detection and measurement, allowing our clients to benefit from efficiencies by our ability to complete multiple emissions services during the same trip.
Our Leak Detection & Field Emissions Measurement Services Include:
Fugitive Emissions Management – Leak Detection & Repair (LDAR)
- Vertex uses FLIR GFx320 optical gas imaging cameras to detect hydrocarbon gas leaks and venting, with QL320 quantitative optical gas imaging (QOGI) technology to quantify emissions to support leak detection & repair (LDAR) programs.
- Supporting compliance with new provincial and federal methane regulations: Fugitive Emissions Surveys (Alberta), Comprehensive Fugitive Emissions Surveys (BC), LDAR Surveys (Saskatchewan), LDAR Inspections (ECCC)
- Fugitive Emissions Management Program (FEMP) Development
Compressor Seal Vent Testing & Flow Measurement
- Vertex conducts compressor vent testing on reciprocating and centrifugal compressors to support compliance with provincial and federal methane regulations.
- Our technicians work with measurement equipment that meets regulatory specifications, including Calscan Solutions’ Hawk 9000 Vent Gas Meter. Our team of emissions specialists support the development of an efficient and compliant testing program to reduce the overall cost of compliance.
Multi-sector Air Pollutant Regulations (MSAPR) Compliance
- MSAPR Part 2: Engine NOx Emissions Limits – Vertex emissions specialists support our clients through an analysis of their engine inventories to propose the most cost-efficient compliance option
- Engine Emission Checks: Vertex uses to conduct Emission Checks using Spartan Controls’ ECOM-J2KNpro Industrial Analyzer to quantify NOx intensity. Emission Checks can extend the time required between Performance Tests and can be conducted in conjunction with other emissions services to create efficiencies
- Engine Performance Testing: Vertex can support MSAPR compliance management by scheduling and managing Engine Performance Tests through its third-party partners. Our emissions specialists will always recommend the most efficient testing plans to our client to reduce the cost of compliance
- Vertex can manage the required registration, reporting, and record keeping requirements for MSAPR compliance
Equipment Inventory Services
- Vertex offers integrated equipment inventory services to support Methane Reporting and Carbon Offset Project Opportunity Evaluation
- A detailed equipment inventory can support strategic compliance planning and opportunities to create a revenue stream from emissions reductions – ask us how: email@example.com